Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Everyday Things

As I have come to learn more and more on my mission a recurring theme has been there from the start. In fact it is something that ll of us make on a daily basis. That is choice. Some choices are insignificant, such as what shoes do i want to wear today, what kind of cereal do I want from breakfast? These are small choice in our everyday life. Though we have plenty of these small choices we do not realize what big choices we want to make. Our everyday choices lead us to who we will be tomorrow and the next day. I know that by making good decisions today will lead to a happier tomorrow. I do know that through the Gospel of Jesus Christ, that all of us can come to a wonderful understanding of happiness! I know that I am personally happier because of the great goodness of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It is because of a few big choices that have lead me to what I firmly believe in. This quote by Henry B. Eyring sums it up well. "My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, divided or delayed, will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table with the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up, shut up, or let up until I have stayed up, stored up, and paid up for the case of Christ. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till all know, and work till He stops me and when He returns for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me” - Henry B. Eyring

No comments:

Post a Comment