Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Pride vs. Humility

             Have you ever completed a great accomplishment and then said. "I did this all by myself?" No need to answer that question, but I can say that i personally I have done and said that. Now when we look at it. It doesn't seem so bad to say. It may not mean much else to other people. But this brings about Pride. Which always end's with. "therefore I am better then you." I can only speak from first hand knowledge and let me tell you the pride of one's heart can destroy him or her. What a terrible thing to fall victim to. All because we had divine help. We seek to say. "Oh look how good I am, look at what I did." Friend's let's stay away from this attitude. Let's look to God in our victories. I purpose that we take the stance of the Savior when He the Only Begotten of the Father said. "...O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." Here He is, the man who rose Jairus' daughter from the grave, He who healed thousands! Yes, here he suffers, for us. He let his Heavenly Father's will. Take the lead. My friend's. I believe the same. Let us take upon us the will of our Father in Heaven. To be teachable and humble is the best way to be in this world of Unknown. I love this quote that I am sure all of you have heard before. "Swallow your pride. It contains NO calories."

No comments:

Post a Comment